Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Johann

Johann had to travel to the states for a conference in the middle of February so he missed our birthdays :-(...

And since he was in deployed to Bahrain last year, he missed our birthdays...

So, this year, I wanted to celebrate, even if it was a little late. I pulled our awesome friends into my plot...and we pulled it off! He was so surprised!

Eric and Alex practically kidnapped Johann to take him golfing on the day after he got home from Virginia. He was exhausted and trying to be a good husband by declining a golf day with his friends since he'd just got home...I pretended to pout that he was leaving. :-)

My girlfriends Carrie and Lorisha spent the entire Saturday shopping with me for supplies and stashing them at their homes...

And then everyone was here Sunday, crowding up my kitchen, cutting, mixing, fixing...it was AWESOME! I LOVE THEM!!!



I'd had some friends make dishes I knew Johann loved...Joy, the girls' dance instructor is married to an Indian man who makes the most amazing food...he made some Balti chicken that about singed all our taste buds off for life (but it was delicious), our friend Kwami made some Jamaican chicken dish, I made potato salad, spinach/strawberry/almond salad, bbq chicken wings and chicken/crab/cheese dip, my friend Sasha made the most delicious cheesecake flan I'd ever had...we had sooo much food!

And then after golfing, Eric and Alex made up some story about how all of us were going out to dinner tonight and we were all leaving from our house to explain why they were following him to the door...and in he walked...

It was awesome!




And...I had the base "Cake Lady" make the most amazing cake....not only was it beautiful...it was delicious! The top was a rice crispie treat, removable hat... The top layer of cake was pound cake with raspberry current and chocolate filling, the bottom was chocolate cake with fresh strawberry in chocolate frosting....mmmmm!!!





Thanks everyone for a great night!



Happy 34th Birthday Honey!

1 comment:

  1. johann, tht is so cool...im glad u had a wonderful surprise, and happy belated bday. liss good job , u pulled it off. :-)

    ReplyDelete