Friday, April 8, 2011

Poor unfortunate souls...

One night a about a month ago, Johann and I were in the kitchen discussing our day after he'd come in from work. The girls were playing nicely in the living room when all of a sudden we heard a horrible scream from Rayna.

We both ran toward the noise and Johann immediately scooped her up, and cuddled her against his chest to calm her down.

When she finally calmed down, she turn around and we were all shocked to see that she had a Looney Tunes size knot on the left side of her forehead...

It...was....HUGE...

I screamed...

Reese screamed...

Johann's eyes were huge, but he kept his cool and Rayna started to cry again after seeing our reaction to seeing her.

Johann, ever cool under pressure, told me to "CALM DOWN" and go get some frozen peas...

Hyperventilating a little, I returned with the peas and prayed that there be no concussion, and no permanant damage...I was mapping out routes to the ER in my head...this was a catastrophe!!!

20 minutes later, we all sat around shelled shocked on the couch...Ray's goose egg had gone down significantly...and we kept her up a few more hours past her bedtime lest she fall asleep and not remember who we were when she woke up.

The next morning, we all began to see the humor in the situation...so much in fact that R&R began re-enacting the event...

One would scream and cover her head...the other would run over and when the screamer would turn, the other would scream in horror, shrinking back from the sight, then they'd laugh and laugh. Johann and I would even play along a bit.

I think it was a little therapeutic for all of us to get a little laugh out of it at this point, particularly since there had been no real damage done.

Fast forward about 3 weeks later...

Johann and I are back in the kitchen chatting about our day...the girls are playing in the living room...

Next thing you know, Reese screams bloody murder and... Deja Vu...Johann and I run into the living room...he scoops up Reese and holds her to his chest to calm her...Rayna and I stand by...

Reese turns her head to answer my, "What happened" question and darned if there isn't the EXACT SAME Looney Tunes size goose egg on her left forehead...in the exact position Rayna's was a few weeks ago.

And since this had been a running joke in our house for some time, Rayna (and I admit, I) burst out laughing. Johann bit the inside of his jaw to keep from betraying his hurting daughter and gave me the stink eye and poor Reese went from injured to ANGRY! "How can you laugh at a time like THIS???!!!!"

After a frozen pea treatment, she too was fine and we all lived to laugh about it together later on. We even got to document the boo boo this time...




Good thing there's no CPS in Spain!

ps- Zeke the loco perro was the culprit for both girl's injuries...apparently, they were chasing him around the coffee table (on both occasions) and each time, he side swiped one, sending her flying...Rayna into the side of the coffee table (OUCH!), Reese, to the ground, where she hit her head on the marble floor...(nice...) Who's idea was it to get a dog??? Oh...nevermind...I remember. :-)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! what a disaster...im so glad the girls r alright...zeke got to go, jk/ give my girls a kiss for me, and no more re-enactments...lol!

    ReplyDelete