Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Cancer #18 - Encouragement

My girlfriend Alyx, (who also happens to be a Rockstar neuro oncologist at the Scottsdale Mayo Clinic) flew out for the day to pamper me.  

She'd threatened me when I was in Spain that she was going to fly to drag me back to the states if I didn't come on my own, so she said she was happy to spring for airfare to LA and a spa day with me which, she said was by far cheaper than the intercontinental airfare. 

Anyway, we went to the spa at the Langham Hotel in Pasadena for a day of heaven - massages, facials, mani/pedi, lunch, and a chance to catch up face-to-face instead of via email for the first time in forever!

Additionally, one of the beautiful women at my parents church (along with her family) has committed to pray for me each and everyday, and Mrs. Onnie Pointer has done just that!  She also sends me beautiful cards about once a week (EACH WEEK) to remind me that she is praying for me each and every day, which was such a blessing because there were many a days that I wasn't able to pray for myself. 

And those two examples are icing on a glorious cake of family and friends who are also fasting and praying on our behalf.  I can not express how this boosts my faith and encourages my heart.  I KNOW that God hears and answers prayers and I it makes me giddy with joy to know that the Heavenly Father, God of Heaven and Earth is being bombarded with prayers specifically about little old Me!

Thank you to ALL of you who are praying!  Don't Stop!!!
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment